Monday, June 4, 2012
How do you ruin perfectly healthy, low fat, high protein chicken breast? Flour it, egg wash it, cover it in bread crumbs, or better yet soak it in batter, then toss it in a molten vat of grease. Unfortunately, most kids, and grown ups, love chicken fingers. There is a better way, really. Your "fingers" don't have to be covered in an inch of breading and fried to be crunchy and delicious.
My Chicken Fingers Won't Kill Ya
1 lb chicken breast cut into "fingers" (or the tenders work too, already the right size)
1 tbs French's Dijon mustard (don't forget to grab your coupon)
2 tbs Greek yogurt
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 gallon sized zip bag
- Preheat oven to 425
- Grease a cookie sheet with the olive oil
- Put the chicken, mustard, and yogurt in the bag and squish it around until all of the chicken is covered
- Toss in the bread crumbs and shake shake shake!
- Lay the chicken out on the pan
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve, you may not even need any honey mustard or bbq sauce.